Need Assessment Process
When To Apply for LUMS Financial Aid?
Prospective Students (New Applicants)
Applicants who will be shortlisted for the admission and have given their prior consent to apply for the LUMS Financial Aid (through their LUMS Online Admission Application) will be required to fill out and submit the complete Online Financial Aid section along with all required supporting documents within the stipulated deadline. After the completion and submission of the Financial Aid section of the Online application, a document checklist will be generated according to the provided information. All documents must be properly scanned and uploaded in the Admission system for the Committee’s review.
Please gather complete financial information and consult your parents before submitting your Online Financial Aid application. The provided information should be complete, factually correct, and must be supported by relevant documentary evidence. Any information provided through the Online Financial Aid application will not be considered valid without the submission of the required documents. Failure to comply with the given deadlines for application and document submission could lead to the cancellation of your Financial Aid request.
LUMS reserves the right to amend, cancel, or terminate the awarded Financial Aid in case of any misrepresentation or incorrect information provided by the applicant. Such misrepresentation or concealment of facts may lead to the termination of your admission from the Programme. University also reserves the right to recover the awarded amount during the preceding year(s) from the recipient on an immediate basis.
In case of further query, applicants can write to email@example.com
Financial aid for students is reassessed every year. In order to continue the financial aid award in subsequent years, students must apply for financial aid each year on or before the dates specified by the Office of Financial Aid.
The Financial Aid Committee assesses the financial need of candidates and determines whether the candidate’s family has adequate resources to support the fee at LUMS or not. The need is determined on the basis of the financial credentials submitted by the student. The decision and its review follow the stages outlined below:
- Students who apply for financial aid are required to submit required documentation by the deadline specified by the Office of Financial Aid each year.
- The staff at the Office of Financial Aid checks and reconciles the information on the financial aid form against the documents provided including their tenure and validity; seeking clarifications from the applicant/ student on anomalies if any.
- Applicants are contacted for retrieval of discrepant documents (where necessary).
- Student Evaluation Summary sheets are prepared that contain a summary of the credentials provided covering all the aspects to be presented to the financial aid committee for a final decision.
- Interviews are conducted where recommended by the committee.
- The Financial Aid Committee assesses each case through the summary sheet and reviews supporting documents before making their decision, which is purely based on need.
- The decision is communicated to the students through an official Letter of Financial Arrangement.
The Office of Financial Aid (OFA) reserves the right to conduct periodic reviews to ensure the award is granted to the needy students only. Financial aid grant/Interest-free loan is approved only for one year and is subject to the aforementioned review.
The process is conducted at the beginning of each year where students and parents are approached by the Office of Financial Aid to submit the required forms and supporting financial documents. Failure to comply with the given deadlines for document submission could lead to the cancellation of financial aid.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org